Aspire Staff: Please Read This Update to Your Benefits
Your Protections Under The Newborns’ And Mothers’ Health Protection Act (Newborns’ Act)
If a group health plan, health insurance company, or health maintenance organization (HMO) provides maternity benefits, it may not restrict benefits for a hospital stay in connection with childbirth to less than 48 hours following a vaginal delivery or 96 hours following a delivery by cesarean section.
You cannot be required to obtain preauthorization from your plan in order for your 48-hour or 96-hour stay to be covered. (However, certain requirements that you give notice to the plan of the pregnancy or the childbirth may apply.)
The law allows you and your baby to be released earlier than these time periods only if the attending provider decides, after consulting with you, that you or your baby can be discharged earlier.
In any case the attending provider cannot receive incentives or disincentives to discharge you or your child earlier than 48 hours (or 96 hours).
If your state has a law that provides similar hospital stay protections and your plan offers coverage through an insurance policy or HMO, then you may be protected under state law rather than under the Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Employee Referral Program
We Hire Your Friend, You Earn Cash!
Employee referrals are an effective way for recruiting topnotch employees and Aspire knows that staff who are hired through referrals tend to stay longer than other candidates.
Here's how it works:
- A $500 fee will be paid for the hire of a full-time, regular employee who stays one year.
- A $250 fee will be paid for the hire of a part-time, regular employee who stays one year.
- A $250/$125 referral fee will be available at the point of hire after the referred candidate completes the two week orientation period and an additional $250/$125 referral fee after the referred candidate remains employed at Aspire for one year.
- There is no limit to the number of employee referral fees earned.
- For more information about the Employee Referral Program, please visit the Aspire intranet and look under Human Resources for the the HR Personnel Policies Handbook.
Go to our Career openings on our website below and start letting your friends and family know about our job opportunities!